John & Julie Gottman
I have completed training in Level 1 and Level 2 Gottman Method Couples Therapy taught by Dr. John Gottman and Dr. Julie Gottman.
The Gottman Relationship Institute has two major functions: helping couples directly, and providing state-of-the-art training to mental health professionals and other health care providers. The Gottman Institute applies leading-edge research on marriage & committed relationships in a practical, down-to-earth therapy and trains therapists committed to helping couples. No other approach to couples education and therapy has relied on such intensive, detailed, and long-term scientific study (over 40 years) of why marriages/relationships succeed or fail.
A. The Sound Relationship House
B. The Gottman Relationship Checkup
1. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse 2 minute video
1a. 2022 The Four Horsemen Antidotes + The Four Horsemen Antidotes
1b. Are You Flooded?
1c. Meta-Emotion: How You Feel About Feelings and Meta-Emotion exercise
1d. 6 Things That Predict Divorce or Separation
2. What Distinguishes the “Masters” of Relationships from the “Disasters?”– 2 minute video
2a. The Man’s Guide to Women – 8:44 video & summary
3. Solvable vs. Perpetual Problems
3b. Three Tips on the Right Way to Fight 1 minute video
3c. Conflict Goals
3d. Relationship Repair That Works – 3.24 minute video
3e. How to Make Repair Attempts so Your Partner Feels Loved
4. How to Complain Without Hurting Your Partner – 3.15 minute video
5. Building Your Relationship on the Four Foundations of Mindfulness
6. How to Build Trust in Your Relationship
7. The Weekly State of the Union Meeting
8. Ratio of Five Positives to Every Negative is Needed – 1.20 minute video
9. The Seven Principles for Making marriage Work – 7 minute video
10. Six Hours to a Better Relationship
10a. 10 Practices for a Thriving Relationship
11. Bids for Connection video & Bids for Connection explanation – bids are “the fundamental unit of emotional communication.” They’re requests to connect.
12. Five Simple Ways to Make Sex More Romantic
13. Creating a Ritual for Initiating & Refusing Sex
14. Open & Effective Communication About Sex
16. Building Love Maps Exercise
17. Fun & enjoyable activities to share
19. How Emotional Connection Positively Influences Cognitive Development in Children – 8 minute video
20. Answers to FAQs on Gottman research on relationships