Individual Relationship Counselling – Newtown & Springwood
- You may feel lonely and think you’ll never have a relationship
- You may believe there’s no one out there who really “gets” you
- You may feel too shy or unattractive and think no one would be interested in you
- You may feel hurt by relationships, so avoid getting close to anyone
- You may feel scared when you get close to someone, so you withdraw
- You may feel hopeless that your partner has left you and don’t understand what you did wrong
- You may fear you will never love again or that no one will ever love you in the same way as before
- You may feel damaged by previous relationships and decided that relationships aren’t for you
- You may feel frustrated that you keep repeating the same relationship mistakes, but you don’t know how to stop
- You may think you’re better off single than having the pain of a bad relationship again
Individual Relationship Counselling – Newtown, Sydney & Springwood
The focus of individual counselling is on specific concerns or issues we all encounter in the course of our life and which we may want to change.
I assist you to deal with and understand the feelings, thoughts and behaviours you may experience in response to these issues and work co-operatively with you in developing your own resources to guide your way of moving forward.
Through the processes of integral counselling and mindfulness you are assisted to gain insight, to become aware of choices you did not initially recognise, to increase personal resilience and to find more effective ways of putting these insights into action.
Issues for which people have sought guidance include:
- Communication and intimacy in relationships
- Grief and loss
- Life transitions such as breaking up of a relationship, starting a relationship, wanting children (or not)
- Sexual preference and sexual identity
- Overcoming sexual dysfunctions
- Difficulties caused by trauma and abuse
- Self esteem
- Anxiety and worry
- How relationship issues cause work and career stress
Other more general and personal development issues include:
- Stress management using meditation and yoga techniques. Please see my “Self Care” page for further information
- Spirituality and Mindfulness, please click “Mindfulness Therapy”
- Inquiring into living a more meaningful existence with greater awareness. Refer to my “Relationship Coaching” page.
- Coaches, counsellors and therapists can also contact me for Professional supervision.